Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

Heather Ramaha, U.S. Navy staff who converted to Islam shortly after the WTC tragedy of 11 September happened.

Making Islam Heather Ramaha Complete Feeling

Sunday, January 02, 2011, 06:03 GMT
Heather Ramaha, U.S. Navy staff who converted to Islam shortly after the WTC tragedy of 11 September happened.



REPUBLIKA.CO.ID, Hawaii - Less than three weeks after terrorists struck the twin towers, in New York, Heather Ramaha, standing among a group of women at the mosque at Manoa, Hawaii, who pledged Creed in Arabic. He testified take no god but Allah and Muhammad is the messenger of God.
Some managers mosques across the country say they witnessed the increase of people who converted to Islam to four-fold. The improvement is actually happening since the September 11 tragedy occurred, when stories about Islam jump, originally from the backyard into the front pages around the world.
Now Ramaha enter his Islamic faith in his life as a Navy staff (AL) United States (U.S.) at Pearl Harbor from July 2002. He does not wear a headscarf when working as a dental health professional, but she admitted that she would wear hair coverings when entering the mosque.
In early Islam, when her husband, a Marine, served far, he claimed not capable of performing the five daily prayers in Arabic reading in full, without the help of her husband. But the one that makes Islam comfortable for him because he could practice the belief that according to his ability, do not demand perfection when he was still memelajarinya one by one.
Heather's husband, Mike is a Palestinian man who was born a Muslim and raised in San Francisco. But, that's no reason that makes Heather converted to Islam. "Mike was never even made me embrace Islam," said 33-year-old woman. "He said, if you want to do it, you alone must find out, but whatever your choice, I would still love you," said Heather.
After embracing Islam, following Heather's step is to find a way to explain his new faith to his family in California. He realizes, almost all information about Islam comes from the movies on TV, one of which he remembered titled "Not Without My daughter." The film revolves around an American woman, the husband of Iranian origin who persecuted and constantly quarrel over their child.
"Previously I could not find a way to tell them without making upset," he said. "I was in the beginning could not tell dad. I told him that I went to the mosque, but has not said if I had converted to Islam," recalls Heather.
Sometimes he was asked why he chose the religion which is seen some people hit a woman. Answer the kinds of questions, he said people often mixing religion with their cultural traditions. "Big in the U.S., the Islamic faith does not mix with the culture like in the Middle East for example," he said.
Heather is the first in the family joined the church. At the age of 5 years he befriended a pastor's daughter, and became followers of Christianity. The whole family joined him later.
Until now she still diligently go to church. But Heather, she admitted that she always struggled to understand the Christian view of Holy Trinity. Finally in March 2001 he took a world religions class online from the University of California.
"I have been a Christian for 18 years," I'm Heather .. "But I found many holes in that religion. (Islam) actually opened so many ideas of truth. I feel in my heart this is the right religion for me," he said.
As a further step, he took an introductory class on Islam in Hawai'i after the September 11 tragedy. He began reading the Qur'an and find some sort of 'click' in his heart. He embraced Islam soon after.
"I always felt something pulling me out there, if not I follow, precisely vacancy arises," he said. "The only thing that makes me fully when I have a religion, One God for my worship, where I can pray to Him."

http://www.republika.co.id/berita/dunia-islam/mualaf/11/01/02/155910-islam-membuat-heather-ramaha-merasa-lengkap