Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

Story of Four Young British Finding 'Life' In Islam

Story of Four Young British Finding 'Life' In Islam

Tuesday, January 4, 2011, 11:21 GMT



REPUBLIKA.CO.ID, LONDON - The latest survey from Faith Matters declared the spread of Islam in the UK faster than in other European countries. Per year, it is estimated there are about 5,000 new converts in the UK, while in Germany and France the number of converts each year about 4,000 people.

Researchers from Faith Matters surveyed every mosque in London. The result, for the City of London alone, during 2010 there are 1400 new converts. This does not include data from cities throughout the United Kingdom.

Director of Faith Matters, Fiyaz Mughal, said the rise of Islam in Britain triggered due to high public scrutiny of Muslims. "People want to know what Islam really. And when they already know, there are few who become converts. They found solace in Islam," he said.

Consider the statement Hana Tajima (23 years) who worked as a fashion designer. "At first I had some Muslim friends in college. It was just weird. They seldom go out at night, to clubs or hang out," he said.

"And when I took a course of philosophy, I began to confuse the meaning of my life. And then I'm pretty well known on campus. I had had enough. But I ask, is it true that the life I want?" Tajima said, at length.

"Then I read the literature about Islam and women. Oddly enough, it turns out they are very relevant. The more I read, the more convinced I am against Islam," he said.

Another with experience of Denise Horsley (26) who works as a dance teacher. He knew Islam through his girlfriend. "It was a lot of people ask me if I become converts because dating? I answer no! I found Islam. I grow as a Christian," he said.

Horsley is now wearing a headscarf. He said the hijab is an important concept in Islam. "Veil is not just clothes or a trend. Wearing the veil of honesty over self expressed and what are you gonna do," he said.

"Actually, I'm still the same person as before. Only I did not drink liquor, eat pork, and now I pray five times a day," he said.

Experience David Beale (23) more unique. Previously, he was a racist who underestimate the youth of Islam. "Then I was on vacation in Morocco. Where I first became acquainted with Islam. I admit before I adherents of racist. But a week after returning from Morocco, I decided to embrace Islam," he said.

Beale lives in Somerset. When he has recently become converts, it is very difficult to find a mosque in Somerset, which does not exist. He then met with counterparts from Hizb-ut Tahrir, the Islamic political movement. "It turned out that many western media says about Islam is wrong," he said.

"I'm sure have found a proper way of life in Islam," he said again.

While Paul Martin (27) says he enjoys the lifestyle as a Muslim. "At first I became acquainted with Islam after observing lifestyle Muslim friends. They seemed to enjoy the true life, not destroy her body. After that, I studied the Koran," he said.

A friend of Martin and then introduce it into an Islamic figure who is a doctor. Martin consulted about Islam a lot with him. They talk about Islam in the cafe. "I say two sentences of my creed in the cafe," said Martin. "I know many who say the two sentences creed in the mosque, but for me, Islam is not just a place where you believe in Allah. Islam is a place in your heart," he said.


Red: Stevy Maradona
Source: Telegraph

http://www.republika.co.id/berita/dunia-islam/mualaf/11/01/04/156298-kisah-empat-remaja-inggris-menemukan-kehidupan-dalam-islam