06 February 2011

Occupied Building Parliament by students in May 1998.

Occupied Building Parliament 

Indonesian From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Gedung DPR / MPR RI occupied by students in May 1998.
Occupied House of Representatives / People's Consultative Assembly is a monumental event in the process pelengseran President Suharto from power and demands for reform. In this incident, thousands of students from various campuses join occupied the parliament building to demand Suharto's resignation.
On 21 May 1998, after days of students occupied the parliament building, and after less than 32 years in power, Suharto announced the stop of the presidency. Table of contents [Hide]

1 Background
2 Monday, May 18, 1998
3 Tuesday, May 19, 1998
4 Wednesday, May 20, 1998
5 Thursday, May 21, 1998
6 References
[Edit] Background
After the shooting incident Trisakti University students on May 12, 1998, all levels of Indonesian society grieving and angry. As a result, this tragedy was followed by an anarchist event in the Capital and in several other cities on 13-14 May 1998, which caused many casualties both life and material.
All events are increasingly convinced the students to reinforce demands resignation of Suharto from the presidency. Choice of action which is then chosen by most groups of students to encourage fall of Suharto conical in occupying the parliament building. [Edit] Monday, May 18, 1998
The process of occupation of the parliament building RI contingent starts with commitment from the chairman of formal institutions Jakarta student who joined the Student Senate Forum Jakarta (FKSMJ) for overnight at the parliament building until the House leadership to ensure RI Soeharto's resignation from the presidency of Indonesia.
Consisting of approximately 50 people student body president, was appointed Henri contingent Basel (Head Student Senate IKIP Jakarta) as the coordinator of the action and Heru Clark (Secretary General of the Students Representative UI) as a field coordinator.
On the afternoon of May 18, 1998, contingent managed to meet with the leadership council together the components of another action, and get a statement from the chairman of the DPR / MPR RI at the time, Harmoko, which called for the resignation of Suharto. This statement was greeted positively by the members of the contingent but nevertheless, when the components of the action while others decided to go home, kontigen decided to stay until Suharto is really backed away from the presidency as well as preparing for the arrival of masses of students from each campus the next day.
Predicting the process of action and demands will run smoothly after the call from Harmoko, instead there was a slight panic on contingent members when in the evening, General Wiranto (Minister of Defense and Armed Forces Commander at the time) stating that the appeal Harmoko unconstitutional. The panic is increasingly be-so when the next moment contingent constantly being informed that the parliament building and vacated RI will be overrun army. Had been a difference of opinion among members of the contingent, between deciding to go home or stay overnight, although then the final commitment of the entire contingent is to stay overnight, whatever happens. [Edit] Tuesday, May 19, 1998
Start the morning, in waves, coming in mass thousands of students from the campuses of the chairperson to have been first night in the parliament building on the previous day RI. Until then, as the field coordinator is appointed, Heru Clark in charge of coordinating all the present mass of each campus to match the collective direction of contingent FKSMJ and coordinator of the action (Henri Basel).
But in the process, there are many students who come the mass is not a constituent of FKSMJ. Massa is also refusing to act under the direction of the flag and collective FKSMJ, which eventually led to the suspicion among the mass group, coordination disorder and lack of practical cooperation between one group actions with other mass groups in the field.
The chaos was getting worse along with the mass arrival of Pemuda Pancasila (PP) led by Yapto and Yorrys Raweyai, which is assumed to reject the resignation of Suharto's prosecution efforts. The lack of coordination among groups of students and the amount of suspicion between groups, nearly resulting in unnecessary clash between the two groups of these masses.
In an effort to avoid conflict, Heru successfully meet Yapto and then perform an emergency meeting with PP mass field coordinator, who finally agreed on the boundary line mass PP group and a commitment to avoid clashes. PP mass fixed at a specified boundary line until their return.
Unbelievable chaos in the field to try to run with the rally field coordination meetings (all of the identified coordinator must attend mass every 1 hour in a place that is determined), until eventually be solved by the preparation of a unique mechanism of action in which all groups of mass (or non-FKSMJ FKSMJ) are managed within the operating structure of the action without affiliation to a particular group, in which the structure was later appointed as the Coordinator-General Heru Clark. On the other hand, collective policy direction and the head of the institution in FKSMJ still be accommodated by Heru, but still with the approval of the operating structure of the new action (which is derived from the action coordinators from each group masses.)
By the Maghrib, after newly successful action structure control installation Car Call (the only means of communication that can reach everyone in the building DPR / MPR RI) previously controlled alternately by mass groups that exist, Heru successfully lead the masses of all groups mass to jointly conduct Yell Reform, where for the first time the entire group eventually tied in a mass action together, which continued until the end of the action.
In the evening, in the coordination meeting structure, sounding news that tomorrow there will be a grand demonstration on Monument Square, led by Amien Rais. The meeting was heated with pressure for the entire mob to join the demonstration. But the debate was successfully ended with a commitment to remain at the parliament building RI with arguments if anything happens with a relatively risky demonstration plan, the accumulated mass at the parliament building RI could be the last defense in maintaining the momentum of this reform. This coordination meeting also managed to agree on mechanisms and contribution of each mass group in action security measures and procedures for mass evacuation in case of invasion.
The meeting also agreed on a hard step to make the hearing public procession that is formatted as if as an alternative parliament, using the space plenary session of DPR / MPR RI as a venue.
Initially, the space proposed for the plenary session crashed without the consent or head of the secretariat of the DPR / MPR RI. But then, with the intention of avoiding the action of the image of an anarchist, a coordination meeting agreed that the business use of space plenary session will begin with peace between the coordinator-general coordination with the secretariats of the DPR / MPR RI. And when rejected, then an attempt is made to forcibly break the courtroom.
However, the night of May 19, 1998 ended quietly, despite a little confusion could occur when there is a sudden cry of invasion (implying the army raided) that could stir the whole mass is in the House of Representatives / People's Consultative Assembly (the mass was running helter-skelter to and fro), before finally appeased by the explanation that the cry is the wrong information. [Edit] Wednesday, May 20, 1998
As the mandate of meeting the night before, Heru with Ahmad (one of the action team) personnel of the secretariat also met the DPR / MPR RI. Not daring to decide to approve the use of space plenary session, the secretariat is also to deliver personnel and teams to meet Heru Syarwan Hamid, Vice Chairman of the DPR / MPR RI at the time. Upon hearing the plan procession, Syarwan Hamid only commented that the procession should be postponed because that day (May 20, 1998), Suharto would soon announce his resignation.
Shocked at the news, it was decided that for a while the procession was delayed while waiting for the truth of the information.
On May 20, the action runs festive. Many national figures who were present at the parliament building RI and take turns giving speeches to the masses. This splendor was the greater, especially after confirmed, the demonstration in the field Monas canceled.
At the same time, coordination re-chaotic. For example, a group of students without coordination shredding paper (paper disinyalemen secretariat archives DPR / MPR RI) and threw it toward the masses. Meanwhile, on the other hand, hundreds of students began to sit and stand on top of the dome building plenary DPR / MPR RI. Some reporters had warned that fragile dome structure, and coordination meetings were actually had decided to ban the students climbed the dome. But, after trying to warn students that is on top of the dome without success, finally decided to let the use of the dome with a pointed charge that keeps the worst. Top of chaos, is the struggle for self-coordinator-general between mass groups were present then.
On the other hand, until the afternoon still no signs that Suharto would resign from the presidency. As a result, the coordination meeting questioned the truth of the information received by Heru, especially for the reason that people's hearing postponed plans procession. It was decided to wait until tomorrow, when there are no signs of resignation of Suharto, then a procession of people's trial and courtroom use of the plenary will be held, by peaceful means or forcibly.
In the evening, the atmosphere relaxed. In addition nontentara had identified a group of soldiers guard the DPR / MPR RI skulk and an officer on guard two soldiers wake up the guard troops (including the security commander of the parliament building that looks RI rushed immediately to report to this officer), in general the night can walked calmly. [Edit] Thursday, May 21, 1998
That morning, it seems some groups there are masses who had gone home, so that the mass at the parliament building relatively fewer RI. Responsible person designated to prepare the trial procession began collecting folk looking for people to prepare, before then some reporters rushed to proclaim that there will be an important announcement from the state palace.
Finally, that morning Soeharto announced his resignation. Appropriate initial commitment FKSMJ when starting the action, then Suharto's resignation is a sign of the end of the action. Therefore, some time after the announcement of the resignation of Suharto, Heru also announced the end of the building occupying the DPR / MPR RI, announced that the action of the occupation turned into a party of the people.
After the announcement of termination of the action, there was debate within the operating structure created to oversee the process of this occupation. Structural members generally felt that the action should not over, with Suharto's successor Habibie argument is not clear commitment to reform. At the end of the debate, Heru asserted would not join in the action continued and allowing general meetings to choose a new coordinator. Finally, the meeting chose Ahmad from the University of Padjadjaran (Padjadjaran University) to be the general coordinator and change the structure of the operation into a mass group official.
At night, the masses who joined with majority FKSMJ decided to go home. [Edit] References

(En) New York Times: The Fall of Suharto
(En) Online NewsHour: Giving Ground - May 19, 1998
(Id) XPOS: They mendompleng Flow Reform
(Id) XPOS: Heru Clark, UI Student: "HABIBIE must investigate SOEHARTO"
(Id) XPOS: Terrorists in the Era of Reform
(Id), Indonesia: Indonesian student movement of 1998 - History and Legend
(Id) Student Movement 1998: Reform Pioneer 


Pendudukan Gedung DPR/MPR

Dari Wikipedia bahasa Indonesia, ensiklopedia bebas
Gedung DPR/MPR RI diduduki oleh mahasiswa pada Mei 1998.
Pendudukan Gedung DPR/MPR RI adalah peristiwa monumental dalam proses pelengseran Soeharto dari tampuk kekuasaan Presiden dan tuntutan reformasi. Dalam peristiwa ini, ribuan mahasiswa dari berbagai kampus bergabung menduduki gedung DPR/MPR untuk mendesak Soeharto mundur.
Pada tanggal 21 Mei 1998, setelah berhari-hari para mahasiswa menduduki gedung DPR/MPR, dan setelah kurang lebih 32 tahun berkuasa, Soeharto mengumumkan berhenti dari jabatan presiden.

Daftar isi


[sunting] Latar Belakang

Setelah peristiwa penembakan mahasiswa Universitas Trisakti pada tanggal 12 Mei 1998, seluruh lapisan masyarakat Indonesia berduka dan marah. Akibatnya, tragedi ini diikuti dengan peristiwa anarkis di Ibukota dan di beberapa kota lainnya pada tanggal 1314 Mei 1998, yang menimbulkan banyak korban baik jiwa maupun material.
Semua peristiwa tersebut makin meyakinkan mahasiswa untuk menguatkan tuntutan pengunduran Soeharto dari kursi kepresidenan. Pilihan aksi yang kemudian dipilih oleh kebanyakan kelompok massa mahasiswa untuk mendorong turunnya Soeharto mengerucut pada aksi pendudukan gedung DPR/MPR.

[sunting] Senin, 18 Mei 1998

Proses pendudukan gedung DPR/MPR RI dimulai dengan komitmen dari kontingen para ketua lembaga formal kemahasiswaan Jakarta yang tergabung di Forum Komunikasi Senat Mahasiswa Jakarta (FKSMJ) untuk bermalam di gedung DPR/MPR RI sampai pimpinan dewan memastikan pengunduran diri Soeharto dari kursi kepresidenan RI.
Terdiri dari lebih kurang 50 orang ketua lembaga kemahasiswaan, kontingen ini menunjuk Henri Basel (Ketua Senat Mahasiswa IKIP Jakarta) sebagai koordinator aksi dan Heru Cokro (Sekretaris Jenderal Badan Perwakilan Mahasiwa UI) sebagai koordinator lapangan.
Pada sore hari tanggal 18 Mei 1998, kontingen berhasil menemui pimpinan dewan bersama komponen-komponen aksi lain, dan mendapatkan pernyataan dari ketua DPR/MPR RI saat itu, Harmoko, yang menyerukan pengunduran diri Soeharto. Pernyataan ini disambut positif oleh para anggota kontingen tapi bagaimanapun, ketika komponen-komponen aksi lain memutuskan untuk sementara pulang, kontigen memutuskan untuk bermalam sampai Soeharto benar-benar mundur dari kepresidenan sekaligus mempersiapkan kedatangan massa mahasiswa dari kampus masing-masing keesokan harinya.
Menduga proses aksi dan tuntutan akan berjalan lancar setelah seruan dari Harmoko, malah terjadi sedikit kepanikan pada para anggota kontingen ketika pada malam harinya Jenderal Wiranto (Menhankam dan Pangab saat itu) menyatakan bahwa seruan Harmoko tidak konstitusional. Kepanikan ini makin menjadi-jadi ketika di saat-saat berikutnya kontingen terus menerus mendapat informasi bahwa gedung DPR/MPR RI akan diserbu dan dikosongkan tentara. Sempat terjadi perbedaan pendapat di antara anggota kontingen, antara memutuskan pulang atau tetap bermalam, walau kemudian komitmen akhir seluruh kontingen adalah tetap bermalam, apapun yang terjadi.

[sunting] Selasa, 19 Mei 1998

Mulai pagi, secara bergelombang, berdatangan ribuan massa mahasiswa dari kampus-kampus yang para ketuanya telah terlebih dahulu bermalam di gedung DPR/MPR RI di hari sebelumnya. Sampai saat itu, sebagai koordinator lapangan yang ditunjuk, Heru Cokro bertugas untuk mengkoordinir seluruh massa yang hadir dari masing-masing kampus agar sesuai arahan kolektif dari kontingen FKSMJ dan koordinator aksi (Henri Basel).
Tapi dalam prosesnya, ternyata banyak massa mahasiswa yang berdatangan bukan merupakan konstituen dari FKSMJ. Massa ini juga menolak beraksi di bawah bendera dan arahan kolektif FKSMJ, yang akhirnya berujung pada kecurigaan antar kelompok massa, kekacauan koordinasi dan praktis tidak adanya kerjasama aksi antara satu kelompok dengan kelompok massa lainnya di lapangan.
Kekacauan pun bertambah parah bersamaan dengan kedatangan massa dari Pemuda Pancasila (PP) yang dipimpin oleh Yapto dan Yorrys Raweyai, yang diasumsikan akan menolak usaha penuntutan pengunduran diri Soeharto. Tidak adanya koordinasi di antara kelompok massa mahasiswa dan besarnya kecurigaan antar kelompok, nyaris saja mengakibatkan bentrokan tidak perlu di antara kedua kelompok massa tersebut.
Dalam usaha menghindari konflik, Heru berhasil menemui Yapto dan kemudian melakukan rapat darurat dengan koordinator lapangan massa PP, yang akhirnya menyepakati garis batas massa kelompok PP serta sebuah komitmen untuk menghindari bentrokan. Massa PP tetap pada garis batas yang ditentukan sampai kepulangan mereka.
Kekacauan luar biasa yang terjadi di lapangan coba dikelola dengan rapat koordinasi lapangan secara rally (semua koordinator massa yang teridentifikasi harus hadir setiap 1 jam di tempat yang ditentukan), sampai akhirnya bisa diselesaikan dengan penyusunan mekanisme aksi yang unik dimana seluruh kelompok massa (FKSMJ ataupun non FKSMJ) dikelola dalam struktur operasi aksi tanpa berafiliasi pada kelompok tertentu, dimana struktur ini kemudian menunjuk Heru Cokro sebagai Koordinator Jenderal. Di lain sisi, arahan dan kebijakan kolektif para ketua lembaga di FKSMJ tetap akan diakomodasi lewat Heru, tapi tetap dengan persetujuan anggota struktur operasi aksi yang baru (yang berasal dari koordinator-koordinator aksi dari masing-masing kelompok massa).
Menjelang Maghrib, setelah struktur aksi yang baru berhasil mengontrol instalasi Car Call (satu-satunya alat komunikasi yang mampu mencapai semua orang di gedung DPR/MPR RI) yang sebelumnya dikuasai bergantian oleh kelompok-kelompok massa yang ada, Heru berhasil memimpin massa dari semua kelompok massa untuk bersama-sama melakukan Yell Reformasi, dimana untuk pertama kalinya seluruh kelompok massa akhirnya terikat dalam sebuah aksi secara bersama-sama, yang berlanjut sampai akhir aksi.
Malam harinya, dalam rapat koordinasi struktur, terdengar kabar bahwa besok akan ada demonstrasi akbar di Lapangan Monas yang dipimpin oleh Amien Rais. Rapat pun memanas dengan desakan agar seluruh massa segera menggabungkan diri dengan demonstrasi tersebut. Tapi perdebatan pun berhasil diakhiri dengan komitmen untuk tetap di gedung DPR/MPR RI dengan argumen bila terjadi apa-apa dengan rencana demonstrasi yang relatif riskan tersebut, akumulasi massa di gedung DPR/MPR RI bisa menjadi pertahanan terakhir dalam menjaga momentum reformasi ini. Rapat koordinasi ini pun berhasil menyepakati mekanisme dan kontribusi masing-masing kelompok massa dalam langkah pengamanan aksi dan prosedur pengungsian massa bila terjadi penyerbuan.
Rapat pun menyepakati sebuah langkah keras untuk melakukan prosesi sidang rakyat yang diformat seolah-olah sebagai parlemen alternatif, dengan menggunakan ruang sidang paripurna DPR/MPR RI sebagai tempat sidang.
Mulanya, ruang sidang paripurna diusulkan untuk didobrak tanpa persetujuan sekretariat atau pimpinan DPR/MPR RI. Tapi kemudian, dengan niat menghindarkan aksi dari citra anarkis, rapat koordinasi menyepakati bahwa usaha penggunaan ruang sidang paripurna akan dimulai dengan koordinasi damai antara koordinator jenderal dengan sekretariat DPR/MPR RI. Dan bila ditolak, baru kemudian dilakukan usaha pendobrakan secara paksa terhadap ruang sidang.
Bagaimanapun, malam tanggal 19 Mei 1998 berakhir tenang, walau sempat terjadi sedikit kekacauan ketika mendadak ada teriakan penyerbuan (menandakan tentara menyerbu) yang sempat menggegerkan seluruh massa yang ada di gedung DPR/MPR RI (massa sempat berlari tunggang-langgang kesana kemari), sebelum akhirnya ditenangkan dengan penjelasan bahwa teriakan tersebut merupakan informasi yang salah.

[sunting] Rabu, 20 Mei 1998

Sebagaimana amanat rapat di malam sebelumnya, Heru bersama Ahmad (salah satu tim aksi) pun menemui personil sekretariat DPR/MPR RI. Tidak berani memutuskan untuk memberi ijin penggunaan ruang sidang paripurna, personil sekretariat ini pun mengantarkan Heru dan tim untuk menemui Syarwan Hamid, Wakil Ketua DPR/MPR RI saat itu. Ketika mendengar rencana prosesi itu, Syarwan Hamid hanya berkomentar bahwa sebaiknya prosesi itu ditunda karena hari itu (20 Mei 1998), Soeharto akan segera mengumumkan pengunduran dirinya.
Kaget mendengar berita tersebut, akhirnya diputuskan bahwa untuk sementara waktu prosesi ditunda sambil menunggu kebenaran informasi tersebut.
Pada tanggal 20 Mei tersebut, aksi berjalan meriah. Banyak tokoh nasional yang hadir di gedung DPR/MPR RI dan bergiliran memberikan orasi ke massa. Kesemarakan ini pun makin besar, apalagi setelah dipastikan, demonstrasi di lapangan Monas dibatalkan.
Di saat yang sama, koordinasi kembali kacau. Sebagai contoh, sekelompok mahasiswa tanpa koordinasi merobek-robek kertas (disinyalemen kertas tersebut arsip sekretariat DPR/MPR RI) dan melemparkannya ke arah massa. Sementara, di lain sisi, ratusan mahasiswa mulai duduk-duduk dan berdiri di atas kubah gedung paripurna DPR/MPR RI. Beberapa wartawan sempat memperingatkan stuktur kubah yang rapuh, dan rapat koordinasi pun sebetulnya sempat memutuskan untuk melarang mahasiswa menaiki kubah tersebut. Tapi, setelah mencoba memperingatkan mahasiswa-mahasiswa yang ada di atas kubah tanpa hasil, akhirnya diputuskan membiarkan penggunaan kubah dengan menunjuk penanggung jawab yang menjaga kemungkinan terburuk. Puncak kekacauan, adalah perebutan diri koordinator jenderal di antara kelompok-kelompok massa yang hadir kemudian.
Di lain sisi, sampai sore tetap tidak ada tanda-tanda bahwa Soeharto akan mengundurkan diri dari jabatan presiden. Akibatnya, rapat koordinasi mempertanyakan kebenaran informasi yang diterima oleh Heru, apalagi untuk alasan itu rencana prosesi sidang rakyat ditunda. Akhirnya diputuskan untuk menunggu sampai besok, bila belum ada tanda-tanda pengunduran diri Soeharto, maka prosesi sidang rakyat dan penggunaan ruang sidang paripurna akan dilaksanakan, dengan cara damai atau paksa.
Malam harinya, suasana kembali tenang. Selain sempat diidentifikasi sekelompok prajurit nontentara jaga DPR/MPR RI mengendap-endap dan seorang perwira di kawal 2 prajurit membangunkan para tentara jaga (termasuk komandan pengamanan gedung DPR/MPR RI yang tampak tergopoh-gopoh segera melapor pada perwira ini), pada umumnya malam bisa berjalan tenang.

[sunting] Kamis, 21 Mei 1998

Pagi itu, kelihatannya beberapa kelompok massa ada yang sudah pulang, sehingga massa di gedung DPR/MPR RI relatif lebih sedikit. Penanggung jawab yang ditunjuk untuk mempersiapkan prosesi sidang rakyat tampak mulai mengumpulkan orang untuk persiapan, sebelum kemudian beberapa wartawan tergopoh-gopoh mengabarkan bahwa akan ada pengumuman penting dari istana negara.
Akhirnya, pagi itu Soeharto mengumumkan pengunduran dirinya. Sesuai komitmen awal FKSMJ saat memulai aksi, maka pengunduran diri Soeharto adalah tanda berakhirnya aksi. Oleh karenanya, beberapa saat setelah pengumuman pengunduran diri Soeharto, Heru pun mengumumkan berakhirnya aksi pendudukan gedung DPR/MPR RI sekaligus mengumumkan bahwa aksi pendudukan berubah menjadi pesta rakyat.
Setelah pengumuman pengakhiran aksi, terjadi perdebatan di antara struktur operasi yang dibuat untuk mengawal proses pendudukan ini. Umumnya anggota struktur merasa bahwa aksi seharusnya belum berakhir, dengan argumen Habibie pengganti Soeharto belum jelas komitmen reformasinya. Di ujung perdebatan, Heru menegaskan tidak akan bergabung dalam aksi lanjutan dan mempersilahkan rapat memilih koordinator jenderal baru. Akhirnya, rapat memilih Ahmad dari Universitas Padjadjaran (Unpad) untuk menjadi koordinator jenderal dan mengubah struktur operasi menjadi sebuah kelompok massa resmi.
Malamnya, massa yang tergabung dengan FKSMJ sebagian besar memutuskan pulang.

[sunting] Referensi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Site

Label 1

Label 2

Comment Box